Barbara T. Hoffman has experience handling the full range of intellectual property issues, from licensing to First Amendment issues. This includes the drafting of amicus curiae briefs before the United States Supreme Court and appellate courts on behalf of concerned societies on First Amendment rights' issues.
Furthermore, Ms. Hoffman counsels a wide variety of content producers on the licensing of intellectual property. Ms. Hoffman advises her clients in structuring and negotiating agreements in the visual arts, publishing, theater and performance, film and television and the Internet. She helps clients exploit their intellectual property rights or acquire them from others.
Ms. Hoffman represents clients from all areas of the art world, including but not limited to:
- Artists: The Hoffman Law Firm has litigated precedent-setting cases on behalf of artists in intellectual property.
- Designers: The firm represents designers in the licensing, merchandising, distribution and manufacturing of their creations. This includes designers of jewelry, flatware, furniture, textiles and fashion as well as industrial designers.
- Photographers: The Hoffman Law Firm advises and represents photographers in the licensing and protection of their work.
- Collectors, archives, galleries and museums: The firm has advised numerous archives, collections and museums on issues involving digitization, copyright and other issues related to images in their collections.
- Authors: From negotiating book contracts for authors, to agency and theatrical agreements, representing TV series' screenwriters and producers, and playwrights. The Hoffman Law Firm has counseled, negotiated for and litigated on behalf of those who are the authors of creative content.
Defamation, Privacy And Right Of Publicity
The firm has successfully defended against right of publicity and privacy claims. Ms. Hoffman has also had success of such claims on behalf of clients.
Trademark – Lanham Sec. 43(a)
The firm advises and counsels clients on trademark issues and the Lanham Act. Ms. Hoffman is also a skilled litigator who has successfully litigated a number of Lanham 43(a) claims.
Contact The Hoffman Law Firm
To discuss intellectual property and art law issues, call the firm at 212-873-6200. Attorney Barbara T. Hoffman represents clients in transactions and litigation related to art law worldwide from her office in New York City.